Finding an ideal site is one of the most critical decisions for any development project. The City of Kalamazoo’s Economic Development staff can assist you in identifying and evaluating all of your potential options. The City currently owns a number of attractive sites in desirable locations throughout the City.
Visit the City’s online mapping tool here for more details about property in Kalamazoo. To see additional available sites in the Greater Kalamazoo area, visit Southwest Michigan First’s site selection tool here.
Davis Creek Business Park
The Davis Creek Business Park occupies the land that was home to the Lakeside Refinery from 1939 to 1986. Storage of petroleum products continued until the early 1990's, when it was abandoned. In the early 2000's the City of Kalamazoo acquired the property through tax reversion. A collaborative effort between the City of Kalamazoo's Brownfield Redevelopment Authority, the Kalamazoo County Brownfield Redevelopment Authority, the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation resulted in an investment of over $18.5 million to create the opportunity for development of the Davis Creek Business Park.
- 18.5 acres on site
- Michigan Certified Business Park
- Close proximity to I-94, US-131, Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport, public transportation route and downtown Kalamazoo
- Central location between Chicago and Detroit
- Site wide storm water handling system
- Sanitary sewer
- Municipal water
- Electric, gas and telephone service
- Telecommunication conduit
- Pedestrian sidewalk and trail way amenities
- Potential tax increment financing
- Potential State incentives through tax increment financing and Community Revitalization Program
- BRA funded state liability protection through Baseline Environmental Assessment process
- Competitive and flexible land costs
- Potential gap financing for projects through the city's Economic Development Corporation