In order to ensure the highest level of privacy possible for those who use our website, the City of Kalamazoo has established the following policy regarding information collected on this website:
The City of Kalamazoo collects personal information about you in only the following forms:
- Online bill payments
- Online job applications
- Online bid opportunities/application
The following information is collected and stored automatically from all users accessing the City of Kalamazoo website:
- The Internet domain and Internet Protocol address from which you access our site;
- The type of hardware, browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The number of bytes of data transmitted during your visit;
- Transaction and routing information to and from your computer;
- The pages you visit;
- and If you linked to our website from another website, the address (URL).
The City of Kalamazoo will not disclose any personal information except when permission has been granted by the individual and/or is required by law.
The City of Kalamazoo has physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect your personal information.
The following is the policy of the City of Kalamazoo regarding advertising of the City’s website. Advertisements will be limited to event-related information within the City.
The purpose of the City of Kalamazoo’s website is to advance the public’s health, safety and welfare by providing information for and interacting with the citizens, businesses and visitors of Kalamazoo. This includes promoting tourism and economic development within the City and region.
The City of Kalamazoo website will not accept or maintain any advertising that falls within one or more of the following categories:
- Outside City Limits: The advertisement focuses on an event outside of the Kalamazoo City limits.
- Products or Goods: The advertisement promotes a specific product or service rather then a specific event occurring during a specified time and date.
- Demeaning or disparaging: The advertisement demeans or disparages an individual or group of individuals because of their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, age, disability, ethnicity, sex, citizenship, height, weight, marital or parental status, veteran status or sexual orientation.
- Profanity: The advertisement contains profane language, i.e., language personally reviling epithets naturally tending to provoke violent resentment or language that under contemporary community standards is grossly offensive.
- Violence: The advertisement contains an image or description of violence, including, but not limited to (1) the depiction of human or animal bodies or body parts, or fetuses, in states of mutilation, dismemberment, decomposition or disfigurement, or (2) the depiction of weapons or other implements or devices used in the advertisement in an act of violence or harm on a person or animal.
- Unlawful goods, services or activities: The advertisement promotes or encourages, or appears to promote or encourage, the use or possession of unlawful goods or services or unlawful activities.
- Obscenity or nudity: The advertisement contains obscene material or depicts nudity or sexual acts or promotes the sale of pornography, adult telephone or Internet services, escort services, nude dance clubs, sensual massage or any other form of adult-oriented entertainment.
The City of Kalamazoo presents the information found within this website as a benefit to the community. The information provided is, however, condensed and only periodically updated. As a result, at any point in time this site may contain outdated or incomplete information. The information obtained from this site is not intended to replace the official versions of that information. To the extent this site contains information or opinions relating to statutes, ordinances, laws or regulations, the reader should not rely on what is placed herein but instead should deal directly with the original source or the appropriate governmental agency. Statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the City of Kalamazoo, which is not responsible for the authenticity or accuracy of the information contained herein.
The city presents this information without warranties, express or implied, regarding the information's accuracy, timeliness or completeness. If you believe the information is inaccurate, out-of-date or incomplete, or if you have any technical problems accessing or reading the information, please express your concerns to the City of Kalamazoo.
All materials posted on this site are subject to copyrights owned by the City. Any reproduction, retransmission or republication of all or a part of any document found on this site is expressly prohibited unless the City or the copyright owner of the material has first granted its written consent to reproduce, retransmit or republish the material. All other rights are reserved.
Although this site includes links providing direct access to other Internet sites, said access does not constitute endorsement by the City of Kalamazoo, which takes no responsibility for the conduct or information contained on those other sites and does not exert any editorial or other control over the material found therein.
Some links available through this website lead you to external websites which are not managed by the City of Kalamazoo. These websites and the material contained therein, are not under the control of the City and therefore the City cannot and does not make any representation to you about these sites or the materials available there. These links are provided as a convenience to you, and the fact that the City has made these links available to you is not an endorsement or recommendation to you by the City of any of these sites or any material found there.