The City of Kalamazoo and Local Initiatives Support Corporation are seeking a full-time AmeriCorps member to serve for 10 months as a Neighborhood Project Coordinator. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, November 25.
The AmeriCorps member will be responsible for the following:
- Assist with project coordination for WMU, KVCC, and K College service learning projects
- Coordination of and outreach for neighborhood meetings in conjunction with the Neighborhood Activator and for the Sustainability Strategy with the Development Projects Coordinator
- Assist Staff with public engagement planning
- Create Open Town Hall surveys and online public participation
- Plan and organize outreach events (locations, invitations, and materials), and help facilitate the creation of Neighborhood Action and the Sustainability Strategy plans in alignment with the Imagine Kalamazoo Master Planning process
- Volunteer coordination and recruitment for outreach and initiatives
- Lead and/or support implementation projects from Neighborhood Plans and the Sustainability Plan
- Research best practices from the State and around the Country to support plan development
Complete details are available here: AmeriCorps Member Service Opportunity Details
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Christina Anderson, City Planner by email to email@example.com by Wednesday, November 25.