The City of Kalamazoo and Local Initiatives Support Corporation are seeking a full-time AmeriCorps member to serve for 10 months as a Community Neighborhood Navigation Organizer. The deadline to apply is Friday, February 4.
The AmeriCorps member will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in the coordination of neighborhood meetings
- Assist Staff with public engagement planning
- Develop surveys to encourage public participation for community projects
- Plan and organize community outreach events
- Assist in facilitating Neighborhood Plans across the city
- Coordinate volunteers and recruitment for both City and neighborhood initiatives
- Lead and/or support implementation projects from Neighborhood Plans
- Research best practices from the Community Development field to assist and support plan development
The position will remain open until filled. The service term will start in early to mid-March, with the exact start and end date confirmed by the Member Agreement of Participation. The individual selected to serve is not considered to be an employee of City of Kalamazoo or LISC.
Complete details are available here: pdf AmeriCorps Member Service Opportunity Details (173 KB)
To apply, please send a resume to Christina Anderson, City Planner by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 4. The subject line should read CPED Americorp Service Opportunity.