Medical Marihuana Facility Applications
The Kalamazoo City Clerk’s Office will begin accepting applications for Medical Marihuana Facility Operating Permits at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, December 9, 2019. The deadline for submitting applications is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 20, 2019. No applications or parts of applications will be accepted outside of this application period.
During this application period the City Clerk’s Office will accept permit applications for all five types of Medical Marihuana Facilities: Growers, Processors, Secure Transporters, Safety/Compliance Facilities, and Provisioning Centers. Applications must be submitted in person during normal business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday) and must include a completed and signed application form, all attachments required in the application, the appropriate permit fee paid in full, and photo identification of the person submitting the application. The City Clerk will not accept incomplete applications.
Please note that the City of Kalamazoo is NOT accepting applications for adult-use (recreational) marihuana facility permits at this time. On October 7, 2019 the City Commission adopted Ordinance 2000, which delays until June 1, 2020 the City’s opt-in to adult-use facilities.
On August 3, 2018 the City Clerk conducted a lottery to select one Provisioning Center applicant from each of the four lottery clusters, and selected applicants were awarded Provisional Approval Certificates. Under the Administrative Rules for the City’s MMF Permit process, the City has maintained the lottery results for the past year and has used the results to award “additional” Certificates in cases where Certificates awarded through the lottery have been cancelled or voided or applications were withdrawn. Those results have now expired and will not be used anymore. No new Certificates will be awarded to businesses who submitted applications in 2018.
- Ordinance 1994, adding Chapter 20B "Medical Marihuana Facilities" to the City of Kalamazoo Code of Ordinances (adopted July 15, 2019)
- Ordinance 1997, amending section 4.2 of the Zoning Ordinance addressing zoning regulations for medical marihuana facilities
- Ordinance 1998, amending section 4.3 of the Zoning Cord addressing medical marihuana as a home occupation
- Medical Marihuana Zoning Map, Provisioning Centers/Dispensaries
- Medical Marihuana Zoning Map, Grower/Processor
- Medical Marihuana Zoning Map, Safety/Transporter
- Resolution 18-34, Fees for Medical Marihuana Facility Operating Permits