If you are unable to visit your polling location, you may be eligible to vote via an absentee ballot. To receive an absentee ballot one of the following must be true:
• You must be 60 years of age or older
• Expect to be absent from the community in which you are registered for the entire time the polls are open on election day
• Be physically unable to attend the polls without assistance from another
• Unable to attend the polls because of the tenets of your religion.
• Confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial
• Appointed an election inspector in a precinct other than the precinct where you reside
By law an absentee ballot request must include the voter's signature. Once you receive your application, you may return it to the City Clerk's Office by mail to 241 West South Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, by email to
, or by fax to (269) 337-8494.
To submit your application via email, the completed application form must be scanned and attached to the message.
Absentee Ballot Application Permanent Absentee Voter List
Mail my application to:
My registered address An alternate address
Please select one of the following:
I am 60 years of age or older. I expect to be absent from the community in which I am registered for the entire time the polls are open on election day I am physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of another. I cannot attend the polls because of the tenants of my religion. I am confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial I am appointed an election inspector in a precinct other than the precinct where I reside